It takes so long to generate a meaningful post (complete project) that we’re going to try posting progress pics. Consider these a teaser. When the project is done, I’ll publish a complete tutorial, with dimensions. Until then, here’s what we’re working on…
We got some AR-15 upper receiver forgings (both ‘A2 and ‘A3 style). After quite a bit of planning (these are more difficult than the lower), we’ve started making chips.
After finding a rough center on the thread boss, we install a dowel pin to use as a reference to the bore center line.
We then setup to cut the deck and lugs:
After much locating work to reference the dowel pin (our centerline), we cut the deck and lugs.
And in the same setup, cut the lugs to height.
To be continued…